Friday 6 January 2012

Treasures of the crafty kind


My cat indie, I am very envious of her, all I want to do this week is sleep, not quite the enthusiastic new year attitude I admit:)
I have been trying to get back into the swing of things and get revved up. Unpacking my buys from my trips last week has helped. I love visiting my friends outside of  London because they have the best charity shops:) Especially the Isle of wight. Despite the damp weather me and my friend Julia made our rounds of the charity shops in Ryde where she lives, and picked up some gems. 




I bought 3 crafty things including 2 books, one on jewellery which has given me some Inspiration for Pink Sunshine spring/summer collections:) 



I bought this man's pattern purely for the lovely man on the front! Such a handsome boy. Well preserved pattern too, and all for the price of 25p!:)






The Mcalls sewing book is a staple and has timeless techniques, perfect for my goal for 2012 to get into sewing properly. It came with two Polaroids in the front cover, how cute is the granny??! Nice dress too. I love it when you get a bit more than you bargained for. 




Finally some lovely handmade doily's, would love to know how to make these.  Not quite sure what I am going to use them for, whether a craft project or just as a bit of decoration.....hmmmm
I cleaned up my craft desk yesterday too so I am all ready to create this weekend!! 
I have been trying to narrow down my goals for this year, so a post to follow on those:) Are you excited for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment