Thursday 12 January 2012

Spring


Yes despite the rumours of a cold patch coming our way in the Uk, I am feeling decidedly spring like, the birds are singing and all I want to do is buy large quantity's of Daffodil's. :)
Yes I admit this all may be a bit premature but I am already looking forward to the freshness that spring brings. 
Now I am not in any way a 'designer' person. Most of my clothes are from charity or vintage shops and I am also fairly cheap, as I am almost always perpetually poor! But what I do love to do is to look at the runways for inspiration, and usually there are a couple of stand-out collections that make me either want to rip the clothes straight off the models body's, or I spend hours looking close up at the details and how they were made. Ralph Lauren doesn't usually fall into either of those catigorys but his S/S 12 Collection made me stop and look.



Those beautiful palazzo trousers! The gorgeous spring colours! The delicate fabrics and beading! Drop waisted dresses! Cloche hats! 
I am now trying to work out what I need in my wardrobe to be able to waft through the summer in a Great Gatsby Daisy like fashion:) I think that might be why I love it so much, because it reminds me of that 1920 heady feeling. Its not really a silhouette I have tried before due to my curvaceous(!) shape, sticking to more flattering 1950s shapes, but I think this may be the summer of the flapper jess:) You were warned!
Speaking of Great Gatsby, how excited are you for the new film??? Love Casey, she is one of my favourite actresses, and I cant wait to see it! 

*
*
*

Happy Thursday everyone!



2 comments:

  1. All of those outfits are so pretty! Also, I hadn't seen any photos of the new Great Gatsby yet, but they look so neat! Carey Mulligan is always adorable and Leo looks SO handsome! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the romantic idea Lauren has!
    http://jessamynread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete