Thursday 22 March 2012

Me myself and I


Isn't the internet amazing? 
Amazing and  little overwhelming at times, the amount of information, images and inspiration out there. I was feeling it this afternoon as I went online for a gander with my cup of tea. So I decided to stick to one medium, photography. And specifically self portraiture. I was brousing through my flicker favourites and came across this photo below again. The visionary behind it is a girl called Rachael Putt.


Almost 100% of her work are self portraits, often based on a specific project or theme, but all with herself as the focal point.This got me thinking of the nature of self portraits. I think you have to be quite brave. To be able to look at yourself objectively can be a tough thing sometimes and requires a honest and yes courageous attitude.


All images by Rachael Putt

I think I am going to give myself a challenge over the next month or so to take at least 10 self portraits. I find them difficult, which is why you wont find that many photos of me on this Blog, I get embarrassed looking at myself! So I think it will be good for me to push myself a bit:)
Have you ever set yourself something similar? to try something new? Please let me know if so, would love to hear about it:)

1 comment:

  1. Rachel's truly an awesome photographer :)

    Two years ago I started a 365 project, meaning you take 1 picture every day for a year. It consisted mainly of self portraits and has helped me to see myself differently (in a positive way). :)

    Enjoy your challenge + good luck :)

    ReplyDelete