Tuesday 26 February 2013

Film Fashion - Sleeping Murder

I have been watching a LOT of Agatha Christie recently. . . .I blame Netflix. 
Its the costumes that call to me most of all, they are full of beautiful 30's/40's clothes. 
I would love to raid the costume wardrobe of most of them!
 Some of the old 80's Miss Marples' are awesome, and where made before I was born!!! 
One especially stood out, called Sleeping Murder. A story of a young bride, who when moves into a country manor, long repressed childhood memories of witnessing a murder come to the surface.
Its the outfits of the main girl that really stood out to me, plus her husband Giles. . . .what a man:)
Its my first ever attempt at screen shots so you will have to excuse the poor quality as my poor little netbook doesn't really like 80's dramas!




First up a nice blue dress. Ok so the colours aren't the most dynamic I have ever seen, but did you notice the details?? I wish every dress I owned had a scalloped neck line and sleeves!





I think this is my favourite outfit of all. A pretty white and blue summer tea dress, again with lovely details around the neck line, this time cut outs. And as I have told you all before I am a sucker for hats at the moment, and this blue one is a beauty. Plus I love how she matches her pearl necklace to her hat pin:) 




A pretty white blouse with a beige mid length pencil skirt, and another lovely hat. Perfect for giving off an innocent air whilst sleuthing.



I wish I could have got some better shots of this one, but the characters keep moving!! How inconsiderate. . . this is my second favourite outfit and has made me want to get a mid length white skirt for summer. I'm not sure if you can see, but it buttons down on the right side with covered buttons. Plus the blue knit jumper with cute polka dot yoke is something I would love to try and copy, need to try and find a pattern:) It all tied together with the red accessories is a big win.




The lovely hat strikes again, this time with a nice hair do, snappy black and white pin stripe pencil suit, and handsome hubby on her arm.




For the final scene my favourite summer dress in back with a nice straw hat. You can see in the final shot a better look at the back  where there seems to be some sought of bustle over the bum area, another interesting detail.

What have you been watching recently? anything fashion inspiring?



1 comment:

  1. OoooOOOoooh!! Fabulous outfits I love them all, though my favourite has to be the tea dress and blue hat, I just love the neckline detail and the bum bustle, its all so pretty!

    I watched 'The Help' on the weekend and fell in love with the story and the the beautiful 50/60's clothes, its certainly worth a watch! xx

    ReplyDelete