Monday 4 November 2013

Named Clothing

Oh my goodness I think I may have just died and gone to sewing heaven.

Seriously.
But before I entertain you all with more dramatics I will tell you what the dickens I am talking about.
I spent the best part of yesterday getting lot in the wonderful cyber-world of sewing blogs. I only let myself indulge every now and again as it can be all consuming.

Anyway on my travels I fell into the amazing world of Named Clothing.







''Named garments are a combination of Scandinavian clean-lined simplicity and interesting details. The aim of the collections is to bring a new perspective to making one's own clothes and to support ethical and ecological consuming in contrast to a clothing industry focused on fast fashion. Self-made clothing also allows for freedom of choice; by choosing one's colors and materials and by changing garment details, the customer can be part of the design process. If dressing is a way to express oneself then self-made clothes are self-expression at its best.''

I am loving the clean lines at the moment, and these Finnish sisters are doing a amazing job.
Now I just have to decide which one to try first. . . .

Happy Monday!
X

No comments:

Post a Comment